Saturday, February 16, 2008

Only One

(this is a little monotonous at first but read slowly and hang with me, because there is a point, i just took the scenic route getting there)

Lay me down society,
Pacify me, Pacify me, Pacify me,
'cause I be only one, only one, only one girl,
only one sister, only one,one alone,
not sitting on a throne or in an oval office,
so I've no might to stop this evil
spreading through the mall,
spreading through them all,
spreading through my brain,
spreading through my veins,
on the trains, but I've no power to stop it,
I am only one, only one,
I've no power to dream, to be, I'm only one, only one,
only waiting for society to pacify me.

Do just what you do so well in this hand-basket bound for Hell,
Because if only one is only one then there will never be two,
and two plus a few more is a revolution worth fighting for,
but I am only one, only one, only one.

And that's been making me feel bad you see,
so please I'm on my knees,
just Pacify me, lull me to sleep so I won't see when the streets burn,
so I won't see when the tables turn,
so I won't call the earth an urn when those first ashes fill my lungs,
when ashes fill my lungs, see what inactivity has done,
cause I was only one, only one, only one.

(hope you liked it, tell me what you think, and email me if you'd like to submit (poet.writer@yahoo.com)

1 comment:

gine42003 said...

Awesome... we can lose it all if we get caught up in negative thought and lose sight of the impact of one. gine42003